Search our knowledge base or browse our topics below
Precautions for Riding on Rainy Days
1. Check the e-bike before riding.
A comprehensive bike checking is necessary before riding. Make sure the brake pad is not worn seriously and the brake works normally. Make sure the tire is intact and the tire pressure is sufficient. Make sure the handlebar is fixed tightly with the handle stem.
2. Do not take a sudden brake when riding.
Do not riding too fast on the rainy days. Take a gentle brake in advance instead of taking a sudden brake to avoid accidental injury which caused by wheel slip. In addition, excessive speed will cause the water splashing and make the water get into electrical parts of the bike.
3. Do not pass through the areas with deep water accumulation.
Do not pass through the areas with deep water accumulation to avoid flooding the pedal assist sensor, cables, controller, battery, charging ports, motor, etc., which may causes malfunctions.
4. Try to avoid road traffic signs as much as possible.
On rainy days, some traffic signs on the ground may become slippery than usual. To avoid slipping you should pay more attention when riding.
5. Wear a raincoat properly.
Dress a raincoat when driving on rainy days, and hold the handlebar tightly with both hands. Do not riding while holding an umbrella.
6. Do not charge the battery under the rain.
Try not to charge the battery in a area that invaded by rain. Please charge the battery in a dry place .
7. Do not get water into electrical parts of the ebike and do not switch on the display forcefully if the bike is still not dried up.
If there is water get into electrical parts of the ebike, it is better not switch on the display immediately. please dry all the parts before riding it.
Make the display, throttle, and other accessories away from getting soaked in rain.
8. Parking under rain shelter.
If the rain is heavy, stop riding the ebike and parking under a rain shelter.